The new chancel (1843)

Main image: The new chancel with the Chamberlaine window, 1843 (WCRO, Ref: CR 351/237)

The chancel was rebuilt and enlarged in 1843 at a cost of nearly £400, of which Lord Chandos Leigh gave £150, The Reverend Henry Wise (Vicar of Offchurch) £30, Earl Clarendon £20, the Earl of Warwick £15 and H C Wise £10.

The East Window was known as the Chamberlaine window.

The history of our church buildings
back to: The present church (built 1790) | forward to: The alterations of 1890